Raritan 8 User, 8 Port KVM Over IP Switch
- Access devices over a web browser, mobile phone or tablet, optional serial module, or an optional user station.
- High quality video with low bandwidth utilization - All data encrypted, including video transmissions and virtual media.
- VGA/DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort/USB-C Video Compatibility (1920x1080 HD) with dual monitor support.
- Multiplatform Computer Interface Modules (CIMs) - Connect to PS/2, USB, USB-C, SUN and other servers from up to 150 feet. Optional audio enabled CIMs available.
- Virtual media support for external devices such as a smart card reader (CAC).
- Dual-AC power supplies and Dual-NIC Gigabit Ethernet with failover.
- Local or centralized authentication with LDAP, RADIUS or Active Directory support.
- Remote Power Reboot - Control power to servers connected to optional Raritan PX PDUs.
- Tiering Port for Cascading KXIII Switches (up to 1024 servers).
- Modem Port for Emergency Access.
- Scales to thousands of servers with centralized network access through the optional CommandCenter Secure Gateway.
Note: A second generation D2CIM is required for Virtual Media, absolute mouse synchronization, tiering, audio and Smart Card/CAC use.
The Broadest Array of Video Format Support in a Single Switch
The most compatible switches in the market, the Dominion KVM-over-IP switches support:
Blazing, High Performance Video and Audio
With Dual Monitor Support
30 frames-per-second, 1080p or 1920x1200 video-over-IP (with audio) for broadcast and other video-intensive applications. Get ultra-fast connections and switching with the DKX3-808 model. High performance User Station now available for lab, studio or control room use! The Raritan Dominion KX3 also offer native a Dual Monitor 'follow' mode, which automatically opens up all the relevant displays when connecting to a server.Learn More
Remote BIOS-Level Access
Dominion KX III has the industry's highest performing and most flexible KVM-over-IP technology. Users can access their Dominion KX III models from LAN, WAN, Internet, mobile & dial-up, allowing admins BIOS-level access to troubleshoot, reconfigure, reboot and power cycle servers remotely.Learn More
Virtual USB Media over IP
Each Dominion KX III KVM comes equipped with virtual media to enable remote tasks, such as software installation, remote booting and diagnostics, and secure Common Access Card (CAC) authentication, using the widest variety of CD, DVD, USB, internal and remote drives and images.Learn More
Military Grade Security
With Raritan's DKX3-808 secure remote access solution, you can meet government and military security mandates, including: AES & FIPS 140-2 encryption, Common Access Card (CAC) authentication, PIV, FIPS 201, HSPD-12 and IPv6 networking.Learn More
Dual Power & Network Redundancy
For increased reliability and redundancy, all Dominion KX III models have dual power supplies and LAN ports, with automatic failover. Never loose connection to your servers, regradless where in the world you are!
Remote Power Management
Power up, power down or power cycle servers connected to optional Raritan remote power control units. With a single click, you can re-boot a hung or crashed server.
Consolidate Your IT World
Secure remote management of your entire IT infrastructure from a single IP address.
Universal Web Browser Access To Your Servers
From Anywhere in the World!
Dominion KX III KVMs allow local (in-bound) and remote (out-of-bound) operators the ability to monitor and access their servers, storage, and network devices over the network using a web-based browser (Java or HTTPS - IPv4, IPv6). Web based control methods employ high specification security techniques to ensure that only authorized users may gain access.
Hassle-Free, High Performance IP User Station - Optional
- Self-contained, hassle-free hardware appliance
for applications without a standalone PC
- Two 1080p streaming video sessions at 30 FPS
- Ultra-fast connections and sub-second switching
- Eight or more simultaneous IP sessions
- Powerful user interface with single or dual monitors
- Includes (2) DisplayPort & (1) HDMI video outputs
- Perfect for broadcast, labs, studios, and control rooms
Each Raritan Dominion KX III KVM model supports remote Mobile, BIOS-level access to your sources - Get emergency 24/7 out-of-hours access, as well as convenient everyday access and control of PC's and servers using Apple iPhones and iPads via a web browser (HKC - HTML KVM Client) or the Raritan CommandCenter Secure Gateway
The Dominion Serial Access Modules (DSAM) allow users to connect serial devices with Java-free user access from the Dominion KX III, KVM-over-IP switch. The 2 port and 4 port DSAM modules connect to the Dominion KX III switch's USB ports. They provide "true serial access" with copy and paste capability for up to 8 simultaneous connections to serial devices like LAN switches, routers and Linux/Unix servers.
- Up to 2 DSAM modules per Dominion KX III
- Up to 8 serial sessions per Dominion KX III
- Auto DTE/DCE detection
- Java-Free HTML Access
- SSH Client, putty use
- Up to 230,400 baud
- Powered from the Dominion KX III
- Remote power control with Raritan PX iPDU
External Telephone or Cellular Modem for Emergency Access
Dominion KX III offers a dedicated modem port for attaching an external modem; Connect and Enable Global Access to an External Broadband Modem.
Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, UDP, RADIUS, SNTP, DHCP, PAP, CHAP, LDAP, SNMP v2 and v3
Cable modem download speed (typical): 512Kbps
- USRobotics 56K 5686E
- ZOOM v90
- ZOOM v92
- USRobotics Sportster 56K
- USRobotics Courier 56K
Centralize Remote Management of Servers & Serial Devices
Raritan's CommandCenter allows you to take total control of your enterprise by enabling centralized access to hundreds or thousands of IT devices connected through Raritan's KVM switches or serial console products.
CommandCenter aggregates access to multiple local or remote data centers by providing an intelligent, centralized gateway to monitor, diagnose and resolve problems on your entire network from one IP address. CommandCenter contains built-in diagnostics that provide status reports on the availability of all accessed devices, including system health updates and alarms.
CommandCenter combines powerful event management capabilities with full activity logging, user-defined status monitoring, alarms, audit trails and traceability-with multi-layer security and support for the most common authentication protocols including RADIUS, Active Directory, LDAP(S), and TACACS+.
Manage Data Center Complexity
Dramatically simplify data center operations management with DCIM software. Free yourself from multiple excel and visio files and improve asset, capacity, change management; power, energy, and environment monitoring.
Accessories & Optional Expansion
Raritan CIMA CIM is a "server dongle" that connects a PC, server or workstation to the KX III via a Cat5/6 cable. There are multiple types of CIMs to support the different types of computer ports (USB, PS/2, VGA, HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort, USB-C, SUN, serial) and to perform features such as virtual media. Use the table below to locate the appropriate CIM.
Dominion User StationThe Raritan Dominion KX III User Station (DKX3-UST) is an optional self-contained, hassle-free appliance for high performance IP access to servers connected to a Dominion KX III switch in environments where a standalone PC is not wanted. DKX3-UST also supports dual-display applications via its (2) DisplayPort and (1) HDMI video ports.
Dominion Serial Access ModulesThe DSAM modules provide up to 8 ports of true serial access from a Dominion KX III switch. Connect one or two DSAM modules to the DKX3-808 USB ports for Java-free serial access. Manage switches, routers, Linux/Unix servers and other serial devices together with KVM-over-IP access to servers, PC's and workstations.
Command CenterThe Dominion KXIII scales to support thousands of enterprise servers when integrated with Raritan's CommandCenter Secure Gateway. Get reliable remote access to your whole IT infrastructure from one location!
CatX CablesGreat Selection of various Cat5e, Cat6, & Cat7 Category (CatX) patch cables for Raritan Dominion devices.
Locking Power CablesEliminate accidental and vibration power cable disconnects with a universal dual-sided locking zLock cable.
Resources & Support
DKX3-808Raritan Dominion KX3 Brochure (PDF)
Raritan Dominion KX3 User Manual (PDF)
Raritan Dominion KX3 Admin Manual (PDF)
Raritan DKX3 Features & Benefits (PDF)
Raritan DKX3 Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
Raritan DKX3 Online Help Guide (Link)
Raritan DKX3 Support (Link)
AccessoriesCIM (Computer Interface) Cable Guide (PDF)
CommandCenter Brochure (PDF)
CommandCenter Manual (PDF)
DKX3-UST User Station Brochure (PDF)
DKX3-UST User Station Manual (PDF)
DSAM Serial Module Brochure (PDF)
Visio StencilsDKX3 Visio Stencil (VSS)
Raritan DKX3-808 Specifications
|Width||17.3 in. (440 mm.)|
|Depth||13.15 in. (334 mm.)|
|Height||1.73 in. (44 mm.)|
|Weight||9.96 lbs. (4.52 kg.)|
|Operating Temperature||32° (0°C) to 113° (45°C)|
|Power||Dual Power 100V/240V 50/60Hz 1.8A 60W 52 KCAL|
|Form Factor||1U, full width|
rack mountable (brackets included)
|Network||Dual 10/100/1000 gigabit Ethernet;|
dual-stack; IPv4 and IPv6
|Modem Port||DB9(F) DTE|
|Protocols||TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, SNMP, UDP, RADIUS, LDAP, SNTP, DHCP, PAP, CHAP, SNMP v2 and v3|
|Local Access Port|
|Keyboard/Mouse||USB(F), 1 USB front, 3 USB rear|
|Sample Video Resolutions|
|PC text mode||640x350, 640x480, 720x400|
|PC graphic modes||640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1152x864, 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1680x1050, 1600x1200, 1920x1080|
|Sun video modes||1024x768, 1152x864, 1152x900, 1280x1024|
DXK3 Hot Key Sequences
Hot Keys are editable in Options under the General Tab.
|Exit Full Screen||ex. [Ctrl]+[LeftAlt]+[m]|
|Exit Single Cursor Mode||ex. [Ctrl]+[LeftAlt]+[o]|
|Disconnect From Target||ex. [Ctrl]+[LeftAlt]+[q]|
|Switch Ports||ex. [LeftAlt]+[Port#]|
|Disconnect From Target, Return to GUI||ex. [Scr Lock]+[Scr Lock]|
Sun Key Sequences
|Stop A||Break a|
|Vol +||[Ctrl]+[Alt]+[KPAD +]|
|Vol -||[Ctrl]+[Alt]+[KPAD -]|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
The Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) for Raritan Dominion KX3 DKX3-808 is 102,713 hours.
Question: I see that there is the new DKX4 series 1-Port IP KVM coming out - Are there any plans to replace DKX3-808 with a newer model like Raritan DKX4-808?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
As of February 12th, 2018, Raritan does not currently have a public release plan for replacing the DKX3-808.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!
Question: The DKX3-808 is being considered for use on a USAF network. Is it considered a "Secure" KVM and does it have any DoD credentials, i.e. Common Criteria Portal, NIST FIPS, etc?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
The Raritan DKX3-808 indeed meets DoD security standards including: AES & FIPS 140-2 encryption, UL certification, Common Access Card (CAC) authentication, PIV, FIPS 201, HSPD-12 and IPv6 networking.
- U.S. government agencies and the Department of Defense are now mandated to purchase IPv6-compatible products - The Raritan Dominion supports IPv6.
- The Dominion KX III uses an embedded FIPS 140-2 validated cryptographic module running on a Linux platform per FIPS 140-2 implementation guidelines. This cryptographic module is used for encryption of KVM session traffic consisting of video, keyboard, mouse, virtual media and smart card data.
- The Dominion KX III also supports AES 256-bit and 128-bit encryption as recommended by the U.S. government's NIST and FIPS standards Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) for added security. The weaker RC4 encryption is no longer supported.
- Please note that due to the specification of the protection profiles, NIAP Common Criteria certification is not really suitable for the evaluation against over-IP / network-attached switches or matrix switches. You can find a list of our Common Criteria Certified secure KVMs here.